Halloween Family Fun!

Last Sunday we celebrated Halloween with a fun family party.

I kept it fairly simple and added a few Hydrangeas and pumpkins to the large sugar mold candle holder already on the table.

DSC00090

Awwww, just something sweet about Hydrangeas and pumpkins!

DSC00091

I made 18 of these mini ‘dinner in a pumpkins’.  The pumpkin was a little darker than I had hoped, but it tasted delicious!  Three tables were set to accommodate all of us, but I didn’t get pics of the others.  Having too much fun!  lol!  Our oldest sons family was not able to come at the last minute and we sure did miss them!

DSC00067

I’ve done dinner in a pumpkin before but usually use a larger pumpkin.  I picked out 18 of the smallest pie pumpkins I could find.

DSC00068

Sam brought homemade mac & cheese for the little ones that would think dinner in a pumpkin was, ‘yucky’.

DSC00069

Nichole brought this fun and tasty cheesy ‘mummy’ bread.

DSC00085

I made a baked brie.  I added orange food coloring to the egg white before I brushed it on to make it look like a pumpkin.  Darn, I was out of green food coloring for the vine.  We also dipped granny smith apples and strawberries.

DSC00084

And Karrah brought a bewitching spider dip!

DSC00072

Now for the yummy desserts.

Pumpkin Pie cheesecakes.

DSC00070

and mini Rice Krispy treat pumpkins.

DSC00073

Karrah made a super yummy drink but I missed getting a photo.

Dalan and Sam’s costume was the hi-lite of the night.

DSC00087

Most of you already know.  Yup, there’s a little baby skelly ‘brewing’ in there!

DSC00089

DSC00077

What teenager doesn’t love the Walking Dead?  Good thing we had an axe man to slay her!

DSC00079

On the sweeter side we had a pretty little Rainbow Dash Pony,

DSC00080

Look at those bangs. . .SA-weet!

DSC00083

And a sure to be famous some day, racecar driver.

DSC00075

Try as I might, I could not get a good picture of this little firefighter.  He was so busy dashing around.  Busy putting out fires, I guess.  Ha, ha!  He seems to have lost his hat along the way.

DSC00076

We played ‘Boo Bingo’ and had a lot of fun, but again I didn’t get any pics.

This year was the first time I didn’t dress up.  Just had too much going on.

Wishing you all a very Happy Halloween!

hugs,

Jann

21 comments

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

Your food looks delicious and so festive - I bet the kids loved it! Happy news too - how exciting :-)

decorayadora said...

Hi dear friend ¡, que fantástic ¡ que rica y divertida cena familiar , adore conocer a sus hijos y marido, usted tiene una hermosa familia
Besos

Susie said...

Jann, I want to be adopted by your family...what fun. I loved the mummy bread such a clever idea. All of it was so interesting. Kudos to everyone. xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

Those are the best parties of all - those with family that just hang out and eat a lot of good food and have fun playing games. I love it, Jann. You can just tell everyone you WERE dressed up- you were going as a mother. lol xo Diana

21 Wits said...

This is just the most precious post that makes me smile! I do believe that autumn and all it's pumpkin tastes and goodies, and everything connected to the happy, cheerful spirit of Halloween is like one of my all time favorite times of the year. Your post covers it perfectly!

Salmagundi said...

I love reading about your family get-togethers - you have so much fun and are so clever!! Hope you are feeling o.k. Happy Halloween. Sally

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like a great time and lots of yummy food!
Enjoy your weekend.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
This was a fun party! Great looking family and what yummy and festive food.
Happy Halloween,
Jemma

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Jann, what a fun party and the food was spoooooktular. Everything looked yummy. So glad that you all had a wonderful time.
Happy Halloween.
Mary

Micupoftea said...

Happy Halloween! Love Dalan and Sam's shirts. Looks like you had quite a bit of fun. The cheesecake sounds delicious. Thanks for hosting a blog party each week :)

Pollyanna said...

What yummy looking food!!! Cute costuming too.

Linda W. said...

You are so creative with your food! I love it all. Cute t-shirt on your daughter in law. And your grandkids are adorable!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Oh how fun! Love the cute ideas with the food like the mummy bread!!
Happy Halloween!

Kiki Nakita said...

Looks like so much fun. So many yummy treats, and dinner in a pumpkin? I need to try that.

Rose said...

Great at decorating and a cook as well. Boy, you got all of the talent!

Liz said...

How much fun was that?! I love that you have those family parties. Everything on the menu sure looked good. Thanks for sharing your family fun!

Betty said...

Oh, how fun!! The little race car driver looks like such a sweetie. I'm going to Pin that Mummy Bread so I can remember how to make it next year! and I'm trying to figure out what was used for the stem on the Rice Krispie Treat pumpkins. Halloween Hugs,

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You are so darn creative, Jann, and it looks like your family members are, too! I love the dinner in a pumpkin idea!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

What great family fun. love the fun and the costumes are wonderful. Mummy bread and pumpkin bowls and so great for Halloween. Happy November.

Leovi said...

Exquisite compositions for Halloween, I love that food! Wonderful and creative!

A Joyful Cottage said...

You must have had so much fun, Jann. It's so wonderful that you live close to your kids and grands, and that you throw parties for the whole family. You have a beautiful family, that's for sure. xxx ~ Nancy P.S. The food looks fantastic!

Instagram