Pretty and Petite. . .

I’m sure that when you read the title of this post you thought, “Oh, she’s going to post pictures of herself.”  lol!  I thought I’d give you a good laugh.  Don’t I wish I was pretty and petite!

This is the sweet little thing that I am talking about.

IMG_1661

You may remember last April when I snagged this lamp at a thrift store for the mere cost of $3.99.

 IMG_0439_thumb[2]

I love the white hobnail base, but the shade needed a makeover.

After pinning (Restoration Redoux) this beauty to my pinterest I decided it was just what I was looking for.

a1a04fbc96d26b6e6d61ce47724ad545

I cut lots of 3” circles.  Then the fun began.  I folded both drop cloth and muslin into thirds and cut 3 at a time.  It took awhile, but the result was well worth it.  Oh, and they don’t have to be a perfectly round circle.

IMG_1591

Fold each circle in half and then into fourths.  I dabbed a bit of glue there to make sure it would stay.

folding

IMG_1592

Then just hot glue them randomly to your shade.  I tried to kind of use the brick method and made each row off set.

Want to see where this little petite thing ended up?  I had this sweet dresser in my craft room.  After, I found the cabinet of my dreams I had to find a new home for the dresser.  I am in the process of decorating the guest bedroom in the basement.  I think it’s going to be perfect in the room. 

 IMG_1665

Don’t you love the stripes and the curvy legs?  This gal has some shape!  I wish I could take claim to those cute stripes, but nope; I bought her that way.  Another great piece from the damaged goods store.

IMG_1674

I borrowed the bird garland from my chicken wire display board.

IMG_1673

IMG_1672

I found the dainty mirror and paper bird at the damaged goods store.

I’m sure the little bird thinks she is nesting upon a bed of posies.

IMG_1663

I think my petite lamp likes her new home next to other milk glass.  One bowl is filled with dew kissed roses from my garden and has a pink beaded antique hat resting on it’s rim.  The other holds lavender and a pretty scented heart given to me by my sil, Laurie.  She brought it home from her recent trip to France.

PicMonkey Collage

When I was getting close to the end I could tell that I was going to run out of circles.  Alas, I had cut all of my drop cloth and muslin scraps.  What’s a girl to do?  I cut a few white burlap circles and added them here and there.  Loved how it turned out!

IMG_1671

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

I Gotta Create

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Weds.

26 comments

Art and Sand said...

So cute! I love the lamp sitting on that great dresser.

Salmagundi said...

Great project! Your whole basement is going to be just fantastic. Sally

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
Ever so darling-you always have the most creative style!
Pinning!
Happy Hugs!
Jemma

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I LOVE it! And love the entire vignette. But I LOVE blue and blue stripes. I might have to try it. I would need to get a glue gun.

Unknown said...

So cute, Jann! The burlap looks great on there too. :)

NanaDiana said...

What a great makeover for that sweet little lamp. Nice job, Jann!!! xo Diana

Unknown said...

Jan, this is so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial! I need to do this!

Susie said...

Jann, Your lamp is now a work of art. I absolutely love it and the little bird is perfect. xoxo,Susie

andrea@townandprairie said...

Love that shade and that milk-glass base, Jann! Those bird tags are super cute, too. So festive!

Town and Country Gals said...

Jann,
what an adorable lamp, looks fabulous on that great dresser! My computer crashed Monday, unfixable, so just got a new one today and am on for the first time and what a nice surprise to get your message that you had featured my summer cabinet! Thanks so much!
Rebecca

cynthia lee designs said...

So cute...Love the lamp shade and the cabinet!!
hugs,
Cindy

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

You're too funny! Love it Jann, like it better than the one you pinned. Beautiful dresser top display!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann,
I think that was a very cute idea, but adding the burlap was a good way to add new texture,
But the dresser was way cute!
Have a wonderful week-end!
Blessings, Roxy

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

How cute is that? Love all the milk glass and the birdies too!

ThrifterSisters said...

Oh, Jann that is so dang cute! Thanks so much for the great tutorial. I have a couple of lamp shades that I may have to try that with. Can you imagine doing one with vintage tablecloth scraps? I can't wait!

~Erica

pembrokeshire lass said...

How unusual! It makes such a difference. Looks like a lot of diddly work but it was so worth it. Joan

Cynthia said...

Jann,

This turned out so great. Love the affect you get with this project. The paper bird is cute too!

Cynthia

lynne said...

that is absolutely amazing! I love that. definitely on my to-do list

Rose L said...

Cute idea to cover up an ugly or well-worn shade.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Your shade is indeed very pretty. And I love the random burlap flowers you added.

Winnie said...

All are very very cute but also very stylish!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
I absolute;y love the lamp shade!! So pretty!!

Thanks so much for all of your visits and for your sweet words!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tea in the Library said...

We are simpatico this week. First the same feature post and I bought hobnail milk glass at a thrift shop just yesterday. The shade looks great. I think the burlap kicks it up a notch. The painted chest is very cute and the milk glass looks great on it.

ibshell said...

LOVE IT! I've been wanting to do something similar to a lampshade I have. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Debby Ray said...

Oh this is just adorable! I have a lamp almost exactly like that too! Hmmm...thinking I may just have to make one... thanks for the inspiration!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

That's a lot of circles! Your lamp turned out so pretty. Thank you for sharing it and all the beautiful shower decorations at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Deborah

Instagram