Laundry Room Blues…

 

Most of us have an area that happens to be the catchall place.

For me, that area seems to be my laundry room.   Whenever I am in a hurry to clean up and don’t know where to put something that’s where it ends up.

It’s also where I dump unfinished projects thinking that I’ll get right back to them.  Uh huh, you know how that goes.

As of late, my laundry room was getting so cluttered that I just couldn’t stand it anymore.

I really like my laundry room, so I don’t know why I let it get out of hand.  Not with laundry mind you.  Never have had a problem keeping up with that.  Even when I had five children at home.  I just did a load daily.  Kind of  a fetish of mine, dirty laundry.

Sure wish I would’ve taken a before pick.

Now that my laundry room is all CLEAN, I will be linking up with Miss Jenny for the letter C.

I have a cute turquoise sign above the entry.

IMG_4191

Lots of cabinets.  Handy for storage.  Although I have thought of painting them red.  I know I would love that.  Maybe someday.

IMG_4192

IMG_4226

I love metal baskets and containers.

The no. 7 is the darling ramsign I won on a give away.

IMG_4207

This antique basket was once used in an old grocery store.  It’s a catchall for laundry supplies.  Who am I foolin, it’s mostly for show. Hee-hee!

IMG_4204

It also holds some of my vintage irons.

IMG_4206

I have quite a collection of antique items in here.  So it easily gets messy when I stash anything else.

IMG_4194

I hung dustpans from an old piece of picket fence.  One of them belonged to my hubby’s grandmother, Tula.  Darn, I’m not sure which.  I use to know, but now I can’t remember.  I should have marked it.

IMG_4195

My backyard neighbor from my Highland home gave me this apron.  She always called me “The Great Goddess of Gardening”.

IMG_4197

 

IMG_4196

I bought the red enamel coffee pot at D.I. for $5. The white tin holds my gardening gloves.  The mini chalkboard is another give away win.

IMG_4200

IMG_4201

IMG_4202

IMG_4208

My metal laundry detergent tin was only $12.99 at Wal-mart.

IMG_4209

Old clothespin bag holds my dryer sheets.

IMG_4210

IMG_4214

IMG_4213IMG_4211

Cute embroidered dishtowels made by a friend.  This sweetie reminds me how my laundry room should look.

IMG_4212

I have more collectibles atop my cupboards. They got a good dusting.

IMG_4218

Another metal numbered basket. Like I said, I love metal and no’s.  The etched jar holds clothespins.

IMG_4219

IMG_4228

These w. a. s. h. letters are my favorite find!  One day the Star Mill had a pile of assorted large metal letters for $4 ea.  I rummaged through them and found that I could spell the words WASH.

IMG_4223

I am linking this post with:

Bunny for Bunny Hop Wednesday

Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for Open House Party Thursday

Teacher Jenny for Alpha Thursday and the letter C

Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

2805 for Potpourri Friday

A House of Grace for Twice Owned Tuesday

30 comments

camp and cottage living said...

Jann
You have a darling laundry room. I like all the old nostalgia.
My stackable washer/dryer are in my back entry way hallway so there's not much space for decorating!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I could actually get into laundry with a room like this!! Too wonderful. I love all the words and how you've collected them. When are you going to go red?

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

I love love love this! I can't wait to have a proper laundry room one day (ours is just a stackable in a closet -- such is condo living). Looks wonderful

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Helen and her Daughters said...

Oh I love your laundry room, so many things in there that I am drooling over. Love the turquoise sign and the little soap holder and of course the embroidered dish towels!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

What a great laundry room, and all of that great built in storage. What a lovely collection you have in there as well. Love the old dust pans, I have not seen one of those for a long time and you have two!! Lucky girl..the embroidery is so sweet and the drying rack is perfect!!!
All the Best,
Christine

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the vintage dustpans! Why don't they make things like that cute anymore?

Sherri said...

Love your laundry room. I'd do more laundry if I had one like this! Antique accents are wonderful

Vicki/Jake said...

Ummm ya, I could live in that laundry room :)

H said...

Sadly, my washing machine is in my kitchen and I don't have room for a drier. I hate winter weather when the wet washing hangs around all over the house! In summer, it's great because everything goes on the clothes line in the garden.

Comeca Jones said...

Everything is really beautiful!

Unknown said...

You have the best Laundry Room ever. Grandmother's Dustpan...... I dont remember what my Ma's dustpan looked like or for that matter my own!!!! I agree that with a laundry room like yours ANYBODY including me who hates doing laundry will take to doing laundry with enthusiasm. I am totally ashamed of mine.

Susanne said...

Oh I love your laundry room. It has lots of character. But I myself don't like to drag laundry out by doing it every day. I'm a Monday & Thursday gal myself. Come on by my blog and see my laundry room (It's only neat because I did the clothes yesterday!)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful room! I love all your accessories!

Susan Anderson said...

Cute laundry room!

And, hey, at least you're better than I am. I tend to put my "collectibles" on the dining room table!

Much to my hubby's dismay...

=)

Bunny Jean said...

SO MANY cupboards! More than in my kitchen. The WASH letters were a great find.

Thanks for joining my party this week!

xoxo Bunny Jean
Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

Old Time Cindy said...

Your laundry room is so cute! I do laundry in the basement...ugh!

Anonymous said...

Love your laundry room!! Wish mine was that big!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love your laundry sign! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now a follower.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Your laundry room is not only clean it's cute!
My mom loved antiques. I remember her buying me my very first one when I was very young. We were on vacation and visited an antique store. She bought me an iron!

anitamombanita said...

If my laundry room were as fun as yours I might actually enjoy doing laundry more...but then again, maybe not. Love all the fun things you have collected, tho!

Esther Asbury said...

Love all the antique and vintage items in your laundry room! What I wouldn't give for the cupboard space you have there ---

Nicole said...

Wow I absolutely love it! I would LOVE to have a laundry room like this one day. I loe all the sweet, cute things you've done to make it feel so homey and retro! Great job.

My laundry machines are in my kitchen, and while in some ways I wish I had a separate laundry room downstairs, for pracitcal purposes it is nice to have it up here so i dont have to leave the baby every time I wnt to do a load of laundry.

I DO have one of those 'catch -all' rooms, though... its our spare bedroom. What hightens the catch-all situation is the fact that we dont have any closets on our main floor. Not one. So stuff just seems to drift upstairs until I find a better place for it. :)

Thanks for sharing- loved it all! :)

Judie said...

My laundry room is no more than a passway between the house and the garage. I would love to have a room as big as yours!!

Pondside said...

That was inspiring! I like my laundry room but I know it could be a little more interesting. I love your use of all the metal containers and baskets!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

A charming laundry room. So many lovely vintage items -- the embroidered towels are my favorite.

Visiting from the Bunny Hop, Debra

andrea@townandprairie said...

Holy cow, your laundry room is nicer than my bathroom. No, it's nicer than my kitchen! andrea@townandprairie

Shanna said...

Those old dust pans brought back a flood of memories. They sure don't make them like that anymore. I look at your beautiful cabinets and think how could you paint them and then I think ......red....you should go for it! Thanks for a fun tour.

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

You have an amazing laundry room. I think there are more cupboards in there than in my kitchen. It looks great!
Dana

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice looking laundry room. I love the 'Laundry Service' picture and the WASH LETTERS. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Jenny said...

What a cute, cute, cute laundry room!

I love your collection of irons!

And all your sweet decorations!

This room would almost, but probably not quite, make it fun to do laundry!

Thanks for linking this to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "C".

A+

Instagram